Assists the Benefits Manager in the administration and development of our clients’ benefit plans. Responsible for administering, auditing, reviewing, and analyzing benefits plans to ensure compliance with client policies. Provides assistance and subject matter expertise to our clients and their employees on employee benefit programs, processes, polices, vendors, and other related matters.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key contributor in implementing and servicing many aspects of the company’s benefit programs, including carrier payments. Provides front line customer service and support for benefits function to our other departments.
- Sets up client benefits programs in the HRIS program.
- Assists with annual open enrollment for health and welfare plans, communication, planning and vendor implementation.
- Strong knowledge of benefit principles, laws, and regulations and technical knowledge of benefits functional areas
- High School Diploma or GED
- Licensed in health and life
- 3+ years in group benefits
- Ability to develop and work with mathematical formulas
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with internal and external parties
- Ability to conduct education and enrollment meetings (comfortable with public speaking)
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with clients, carriers and peers
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Bachelors or some college in related discipline
- Extensive experience with Human Resource Pyramid (HRP) or PrismHR